Candelis recently launched its Advanced Breast Imaging Workstation as an enhancement to the company’s ImageGrid platform. In additional to supporting mammography and tomosynthesis images from Hologic, GE, Siemens, Fuji, Planmed, and Giotto, ImageGrid’s Advanced Breast Imaging Workstation supports viewing and analysis of 3D breast ultrasound images acquired by GE, Siemens, Hitachi, and iVu.
“ImageGrid has long served as the industry benchmark for mammography workflow. With the Advanced Breast Imaging Workstation, ImageGrid is now the best informatics platform in breast imaging,” said Robert Van Uitert, Vice President of Marketing.
The Advanced Breast Imaging Workstation includes:
3D Breast Ultrasound Support
ImageGrid now provides support for 3D breast ultrasound images acquired by GE Invenia ABUS, Siemens Acuson ABVS, Hitachi and iVu Sophia with diagnostic tools for reading and interpretation. The updated breast imaging workstation offers superior image quality with tools for a more accurate and thorough diagnosis.
Enhanced Mammography Prefetch
These tools further reduce the time required before studies can be read and eliminates all information that can cause a patient mismatch. The advanced features include:
- Retrieval of prior studies from multiple PACS
- Ensuring consistence between current and prior patient studies
- Delivery of prior studies to the workstation during non-peak hours
- Caching exams on the workstation to minimize fetching activities during reading
- Prerendering prior exams for visualization resulting in quicker reading of studies
- Delivery of both current and prior exams simultaneously to workstation
“All of these added features are a huge improvement for breast imaging workflow. This will further allow imaging centers and clinics to focus on patient care,” added Van Uitert.
Newport Beach CA, USA